Monday, December 21, 2009

Advent Calendar-Christmas Music

We have always had lots of Christmas music around during the holidays. When we were younger, we used to go to the community sing downtown at the Courthouse. We even went caroling at friend's homes.

I have many favorites in Christmas music, but probably my number one is "I'll Be Home For Christmas". Very touching song and is always meaningful to me. After my grandfather died in 1976, the song first made me cry, and so it has continued all these years! Sometimes the tears are joyful, such as the 5 years that my son was in the Marines...he always made it home for Christmas! Or just thinking about all of our children and grandchildren coming home each Christmas holiday. Other times, I miss my grandparents and brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment