Sunday, December 6, 2009

Advent Calendar-Santa Claus


Another interesting topic that came at a good time! My parents (in their 80's) just gave me their box of Christmas pictures, with free reign to take what I want. I have gone all through them and there are not any pictures of me or my brothers or my sister with Santa. I find that so odd, because I am sure that we visited Santa. One year I remember Santa coming to visit (turned out to be our neighbor)...so why no pictures?? I have several pictures of my husband with Santa, and numerous pictures of my own children with Santa.

I do remember writing letters to Santa as a child.

Do I still believe in Santa? You bet. I have never seen that magic matched! And I honestly do look in the sky on Christmas Eve each year, because there is something deep inside that totally believes in the magic. I felt it with my own children when they were young, and I feel it now with my grandchildren. There is no magic that comes near the look on those faces while they wait their turn to see Santa. How could anyone question that Santa doesn't exist when you look at those faces? He exists in our hearts forever.

1 comment:

  1. Sue,
    Welcome to the Geneabloggers family. Hope you find the association fruitful; I sure do. I'm fairly new, as well, and have found it most stimulating, especially the Daily Themes.

    Keeping telling your ancestor stories!

    Dr. Bill ;-)
    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete