Thursday, April 9, 2015

Favorite Photo-4 generations of Seeber/Murphy (52 Ancestors #14)

This week's theme for the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge is "favorite photo", which I could do every week for years!  It was terribly hard to pick one, but the photo I chose is the first one that I thought of and kept coming back to, so I went with it!

This photo was taken in about 1950.  It is from left to right:Patricia Murphy Adamson (my mother), Mabel Seeber Murphy (my grandmother), me, and Ingrid Olauson Seeber (my great-grandmother).  It is a picture of four generations taken when I was about one year old.  It reminds me of how special my relationship with my grandmother is (even now after she has been gone for almost thirty years).  In this picture my great-grandmother is about seventy-seven years old, and represents how she is remembered...scowling (although I have many good memories of her). I believe that the picture was taken at my grandparent's house out in the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment