Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Goals for 2010

Wow, just realized that I never did define my genealogy goals for this year. And if I don't define them, I know myself, and I will be floundering all over the place! I searched the web for some ideas that sounded realistic for me and here is what I have come up with:

1) Take an on-line genealogy class-which I have never done. I just read about one in Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter that is being offered. I can take it for free (with no credits earned, of course). I think that would be the perfect start for me! It is an Archival Research Basics class. I'm excited!

2) Continue to work on problem areas in my RootsMagic database. As I wrote earlier, I have been working on the Problem List and want to get that completed. Then I think that I will begin to work on the Sources list and get it cleaned up somehow!

3) Blog more often about my genealogy efforts!

4) I want to focus more on pictures...I have begun putting some up on Picassa Web Albums for the family. I want to get more pictures scanned and organized this year.

5) Another tip for goals that I read was to choose one family to focus on this year. I am not sure who I want to choose for that, so will need to do some more thinking on that one. It is a good idea, however!

Please share what goals you have set for yourself for 2010 in your Genealogy endeavors...we can all help each other with ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment