Sunday, August 30, 2015

School Days-Arthur Logan Adamson (52 Ancestors #35)



This week's challenge was to write about "School Days" with the suggestion of writing about an ancestor's school days. I chose to write about my paternal grandfather.

My grandfather, Arthur “Art” Logan Adamson, was born on the 29th of April in 1885 in Olney, Richland County, Illinois. This is a picture taken in 1895 at what I believe says “Edward School”.  The teacher was Kate Nicols.  Interestingly, I have a piece of paper that names all the children! My grandfather is shown in the bottom row on the far right.  Next to him is his brother, Homer Eugene, who was two years younger than Art.  Sadly, Homer died the following year of this picture.  My grandfather went on to graduate from Olney High School and then graduated from Westfield College in 1906. 


No comments:

Post a Comment