Saturday, March 5, 2016

Ira Adamson-born in a Leap Year

Wow.  I challenged myself to write about the five people in my data base that were born in a Leap Year.  The first one I chose was Ira Adamson.  Here is what I know:

Ira Adamson was born on the 29th of February in 1808 in Cocke County, Tennessee. He was the eighth of ten known children born to Thomas “Byrd and Rachel Williams Adamson.  He married Sophia “Polly” Evans on the 5th of April in 1835 in Lawrence County, Indiana.  Ira Adamson is listed in the 1840 Census for Jasper County, Illinois with a wife and a son and daughter, both under the age of five.

And, sadly, this is all that is known of Ira and his family.  Several researchers have tried to learn more, but to no avail at this time. So the search continues...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment