Sunday, March 5, 2017

Genealogy in February

I don't feel like I have done well with my research this past month.  We were away from home for 2 1/2 weeks, and the pool and beach and company and just enjoying the warm weather drew me away!

I did get more research done for friends before we left on our trip.  There is more to be done, so I hope to get to that soon.

I also kept up with the Ancestry.com Hints, which can be a bit of a chore.
However, I usually find something of interest and this month was no exception.  I   often find that I miss the days of when I was just beginning this journey and each new find was SO exciting!  And I still miss not having anyone to share my finds with that would also be excited with me!

And, finally, I have kept up with the 52 Question Challenge.  The February topic was "Love and Friendship".  One of the questions was "Do you know the story of how your grandparents met and fell in love?". I was sad to realize that I don't know the story of my maternal grandparents.  But I do know that my paternal grandparents met and fell in love with each other at Westfield College in about 1905.  They graduated and then married.  I always think it so impressive that they both went to and completed college way back then!

So now March has arrived and I hope to step up my game with my research! Unless the beach should call again!

No comments:

Post a Comment