Monday, June 25, 2018

#52Ancestors-Week 25-Same Name: Matthew Henebery

This week's prompt was "Same Name". I decided to look into the name Matthew Henebery in my family tree.

The first Matthew Henebery that I know of in my family was born in 1834 in County Kilkenny, Ireland.  His father, Nicholas, brought the family to the United States in 1849 and they settled in Peoria, Illinois.  Matthew married Mary Daniels in 1857.  They had thirteen known children.  Oddly, I just learned of two of the children this past week. I've been working on this family for over twenty years.

One of the children that I just learned of was a son, Matthew Henebery.  He was born in 1872, and lived for just three months.  Following his death, two more daughters were born, then in 1877, another son arrived.  He was also named Matthew Henebery. But sadly, this Matthew died when he was almost three and a half years old.

Matthew Henebery's sister had a son in 1877 named Matthew Henebery Cunningham.

A daughter of Matthew and Mary, Josephine, married and had a son in 1891 named Matthew Henebery Cashin.

I find it sad for Matthew and Mary that they were unable to carry Matthew's name on, as they obviously wanted to do.  I wonder if there is a Matthew Henebery out there now from this family line that I don't know about?


1 comment:

  1. i am doing heneberys and cumminghams DOLANS TOO.MY MOTHER WAS ELIZABETH OMA DOLAN.HER GRANDMOTHER WAS ELIZABETH CHARLOTTE CUMMINGHAM BORN SEP,2 1863,DIED JUL 1946.ALL ARE AT SPRINGDALE CEMETERY.MY UNCLE IS JOE J DOLAN.

    ReplyDelete