Thursday, August 23, 2018

#52Ancestors-Week 4-Non-Population: Edward E. Adamson

I'm again taking this week's prompt, Non-Population, in a different direction.  In 1876, Missouri did a state census of twenty-eight counties.  Texas County, Missouri was included in that census.  That had been quite exciting news for me since the Adamson family I was researching was from there.

What I found was that the census for Texas County only included six townships.  That was good news for finding Elijah Adamson, but I also needed to find his youngest brother, Edward.  And Edward was not in the six townships that were in the census.  Edward had married the year before the census.  He died in 1879, so that 1876 census would have been the only census taken while he was married.

I don't know how many townships there were in Texas County in 1876, but there are now seventeen townships. Just my luck that they didn't include the one where Edward was living. So I am counting Edward E. Adamson as a victim of a non-population census!

No comments:

Post a Comment