Sunday, April 23, 2023

Old Fashioned Genealogy

There are often mentions in different posts, blogs, etc. of the importance of writing and requesting records for genealogy.  Not all records can be found online, but you can find where to request the records that you are looking for online

This past week I sent off 3 different requests for records:

-One to the Arkansas History Commission for Confederate Pension Records for Thomas P Saunders

-One to the North Dakota Bismark-Mandan Historical and Genealogical Society for Naturalization Records for Olaus Hansson

-One to NARA for Land Warrants for two grants given to William Adamson, one in 1836 and the other in 1856

I was quite pleased with myself that I took the time to find where these records would be and that I actually sat down and requested them! I am very hopeful that I might learn some valuable and/or interesting information from my requests. I will post what I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment