Wednesday, November 2, 2016

#30DayFHWChallenge-Day 1: William Adamson

I haven't blogged here for awhile, but my research continues!  I came across a new genealogy challenge for November, so I am going to do my best to keep up with it.  Of course, I am already a day behind, but that is because I just learned of it today!

"In November, join us in the 30-Day Family History Writing Challenge. Each day in November, we'll share a writing prompt on the front page of FamilyTreeMagazine.com that will help you use your research in a new, creative way." 
So today's prompt is to write a letter to an ancestor you've never met and ask them questions!  Here goes:



Dear William Adamson:


I am your great-great-great granddaughter.  You are the first ancestor that I discovered and you are still one that after 25 years of research I cannot seem to learn more about!  I don’t know your date of birth nor the date of your death.  I have clues to each, but not definitive answers!  You were born sometime between 1785-1790 in either North Carolina or Tennessee.  You died probably in 1865. 


So where and when were you born?  And who were your parents? And your siblings? The 1850 census indicates that you were blind.  Were you completely blind?  


Did you serve in the War of 1812? Did you enjoy your life?  You lived to an age that seems old for the times.  Were you proud of how your children turned out? 
 
I know that you moved from Tennessee to Illinois ( listed there in 1835), and then on to Kentucky by 1836.  What drew you to Kentucky?  You didn’t seem to have siblings there.  Did your wife?


One of my goals for 2016 is to learn who your father was.  I still don’t know.  I suspect that it was an Aaron Adamson, but where’s the proof???


I have so many questions for you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment