Wednesday, October 17, 2018

#52Ancestors-Week 40-Ten: William Adamson's 10 Children

The theme for this week is Ten.  I thought about who might have had ten children and came up with the following:

William Adamson was my great-great-great grandfather.  He was born around 1789 in North Carolina.  It is believed that he married Mary "Polly" Wilson in 1806 in Lebanon County, Tennessee. William and Mary had ten known children:

Aaron W.      born around 1808  (my great-great grandfather)
Allen            born around 1809
William A.   born in 1812
Robert          born in 1818
Mary            born around 1819
Michael       born around 1823
female         born between 1825 to 1830
Nancy         born around 1829
James          born around 1830
John W.       born in 1832

As you can see, I only know exact years of birth for three of the ten children. That is frustrating, but I can only work with the records that I can find! The child listed as "female" has only been found in the 1840 Census records.  So she had either died or was married by the 1850 Census. The first eight children were born in Tennessee, and the last two were born in Kentucky. All of the children married (exception with the "female" who I don't know about her status). From these ten children were thirty-nine known grandchildren.


No comments:

Post a Comment